Thursday, June 6, 2013

The Consequences of Inefficient Time Management on the Work of the Average Office Employee

The present days globalized high stakes society requires us to do a lot more. It requires us to generate continuously better overall results.

If you are to be able to deliver more you may either spend a longer time or maybe you could study time management skills and boost your effectiveness.

The Way I Doubled My Effectiveness

Several years ago I'd been granted the honor to start a new office for my employer.

I went from a common manager role to finding myself in charge of advertising, hiring, sales and all of the fun administrational duties that is included in it.

I know what you're thinking, delegate!

I started working my regular 8 to 5 but recognized I simply couldn't keep up.I had no choice but to work for longer and longer, very quickly I worked from 7:30 to 10 every single day (On weekends it was enough with 9-17).

I spoke with my managers but the only thing they could do was offer some tips concerning how to work faster, I spoke with my friends who advised me to give up.

Luckily I got advice from one of my clients to read about time management.

I read books by Stephen Covey, Brian Tracy and David Allen. I began delivering better and better returns. I could start returning home earlier and earlier, in the beginning 9 pm then 8 pm, 7 and then finally at 5 pm like my associates.

The strategies listed below are those that rescued me. You could be using some right now, however, if you are not using all of them, test them out and you will start seeing an improvement in how much you can deliver.

Plan Your Weeks
Begin by writing down whatever you are aware of will have to be carried out throughout the week (this list can be stored, as the standard week looks largely the same), next, I plan it all out.

What do I do Monday, what Tuesday et cetera.

I have got a standard plan for what I do each day and can from there organize it to make me be as efficient as possible.

The ABC Method - Organizing Your Days
Prioritization is the bread and butter of time management. Choosing your most crucial job and staying with it until it is completely finished could help you save numerous of time.

There are 5 forms of jobs (in order of priority).
A - Tasks with severe long-term repercussions.
They're jobs that, if done, could have a great impact on your long run achievement.
B - Tasks with moderate long run consequences
C - Minor long-term consequences
D - Tasks that should be assigned to other people.
E - Tasks that must be eradicated.

They could actually have a damaging effect on your long term if completed.

Each morning check out the tasks you have planned for the day and allocate them a letter.

Begin with your most important task and work through the list
The Bottom line
You'll deliver better results which will help you progress forwards swiftly in your job.

No comments:

Post a Comment